Man has shown his talents and created many wonderful architectures and sculptures from the primitive ages. Therefore, the imagination and creativity of mankind has given rise to many superb structures that are now considered as the wonders of the world. Plenty of tourists flock to these places to enjoy the grandeur and beauty of these structural wonders that are situated in different countries of the world.
- Great Pyramid of Giza – This huge pyramid is known to be the oldest and the highest among all the other pyramids made in this belt of Giza that is also named as El Giza in Egypt. This 146.5 meters tall structure was made for preserving the body of the Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu, approximately around 2500 BC. This stone structure, made of granite and limestone contains two large chambers of Khufu and three smaller chambers for his wives, as well as tombs that served as pyramids of his nobles.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa – This tall tower standing in the Cathedral complex of Pisa in Italy is recognized as one of the highest buildings of ancient world. Actually, it was started as a bell tower of Pisa Cathedral in 12th century and the structure started leaning to one side before it was even finished in 14th century, due to the softness of the ground compared to the heavy weight of this building. Now plenty of tourists flock to see this seven floored building that is tilted at 3.99 degrees to one side now.
- Taj Mahal – This mausoleum built of white marble stands on the bank of River Yamuna in Agra and this Indian structural wonder was created in the memory of Mumtaz Mahal, the wife of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 17th This wonderful piece of Muslim architecture is now declared to be UNESCO World Heritage Site. Now this marvelous building houses the tombs of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal, while the lotus-shaped marble dome of this structure looks more fabulous in the moonlight.
- Stonehenge – This stone-made prehistoric structure was built in Wiltshire of England, probably around 2000 – 3000 BC during the Neolithic or Bronze Age, as guessed by the modern archaeologists. It is a circle of huge stone columns, each of which is approximately 13 feet high and 7 feet wide. All these heavy stone columns are well embedded within the ground and now included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Great Wall of China – It is said that this structure is visible even from the space and huge wall of 8850 Km was built in 7th century to save China from foreign invasions. This wall has been strengthened by several dynasties and now it is a great tourist attraction.
There are plenty of other structural wonders in the world that mesmerize the tourists over several centuries.