The health benefits of regularly consuming turmeric are known to all. Application of turmeric powder offers a lot of benefits to face as well as skin. Turmeric powder is a very effective beauty ingredient. Turmeric powder can cure various skin disorders. Turmeric powder is an effective remedy for uneven skin tone, cracked feet, dandruff and hair-fall. Since only a pinch of turmeric powder is required to prepare a face pack, there is no chance of the face or the skin turning yellow. Here are a few tips to use turmeric powder to enhance the beauty of the skin and also to cure various skin conditions.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in coconut oil and apply the paste on the dry skin or on the cracked heels. The paste can be washed off after 30 minutes. The crack will be healed and the skin will become soft.
- Apply paste of turmeric powder in rose water and wash it off after 15 – 20 minutes. The turmeric facilitates the production of various antioxidants which prevent free radical damage of the skin cells and effectively slows down the signs of ageing like formation dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Turmeric powder is known for its excellent antiseptic properties. It will reduce scars on the skin and also will heal all types of wounds very fast. Just a pinch of turmeric powder is to be mixed with 1 tsp of gram flour and make a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry for 30 minutes. The paste may be washed off with lukewarm water.
- Turmeric powder has the best soothing properties. A pinch of turmeric powder is mixed with milk or cool curd and the paste is applied on the affected area. After drying the paste may be washed off. By repeating the treatment for a few times a day for at least one week the burn mark will get faded completely.
- Turmeric powder is very effective in treating uneven skin tone and also restoring natural glow of the skin. ¼ tsp of turmeric powder is mixed with 1 tsp each of milk and honey. This quick face pack is applied on the face and allowed to dry for 30 minutes. Then it can be washed off with cold water. By repeating this process 3 – 4 times a week, the skin tone will be improved and the face will get back the natural glow.
- Turmeric powder effectively prevents acne and redness. Apart from eliminating the acne-causing bacteria, turmeric powder ensures removal of excess oil from the skin. Mix ½ tsp of turmeric powder with 2 tsp of sandalwood oil and a little milk and make a paste. Apply the paste all over the face and allow it to dry. Wash off with cold water and repeat the process 3 times in a week.
Turmeric powder is widely used for the removal of sun tan. A paste of turmeric powder is prepared by mixing a pinch of it with raw milk and lemon juice. The paste is applied all over the affected area and allowed to dry. Then it is washed off with cold water.